“When you work with me our professional relationship is a collaborative one – given that I’ve spent more than 25 years working using participatory applied social analysis approaches and techniques with local, national and international organisations and communities in their search for sustainable futures, I guess this is hardly surprising and it’s obviously important to me as well as to you.”
I bring a diverse range of ideas, experiences and methodologies to the table when we work together. The following is just a small sample of what I have done and where I’ve worked in the last 25+ years.
I work with a broad range of partners. For example:
- local communities in their search for sustainable landscapes
- Government agencies, especially land management, agriculture and conservation
- international conservation and development agencies
- NGOs, especially those focused on conservation/local development outcomes
- tourism and leisure sectors especially related to sustainability, ecotourism and slow travel – locally, nationally, regionally and internationally
- educational institutions
- businesses/commercial enterprises interested in a range of things, including the intersection point of business and sustainability.
When you work with me our professional relationship is a collaborative one – given that I’ve spent more than 25 years working using participatory applied social analysis approaches and techniques with local, national and international organisations and communities in their search for sustainable futures, I guess this is hardly surprising and it’s obviously important to me as well as to you.
The foundation for this is formed in the early part of the collaborative process we develop. We work together to create an approach, an analytical framework and a methodology that fits with your priorities as well as making sense from my end.
Once begun, the approach we have developed is fine-tuned in the light of information and experience coming from the processes – it is reflecting, and adapting to, information and feedback loops inherent within the structure of the approach.
Ultimately what this gives you is complex social analysis relevant to your priorities, developed through a highly tailored process of engagement and collaboration.
What I do
- highly personalised consulting
- evaluations of a range of initiatives relevant to my professional expertise
- research strategy evaluations
- social issues research
- qualitatively-focused research which reflects your needs
- literature reviews and desk-based analyses
- video documentaries using design for social impact principles
- professional development and training relevant to my expertise
- mentor and coach key staff in my areas of expertise
- exploratory research
- workshop facilitation
- future visioning processes
- freelance research assistance
My field experience
- project/programme reviews and evaluations
- project management
- proposal development and writing
- facilitating policy engagements for landscape level sustainability
- applied research.
I’ve worked in this across the Asian region, as well as in Australia. Most recently, I’ve worked in, for example:
- facilitating and supporting transboundary ecosystem and water management
- participatory approaches to protected area management and their bordering landscapes
- community and social forestry approaches
- climate change adaptation and community resilience
- ecotourism as an integrated landscape sustainability mechanism.
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? If you’d like to know more, please get in touch. It’ll be good to discuss some options and ideas.